Friday, December 16, 2005

"Blocking Lace is Magic"

I dont know where I read the phrase "Blocking lace is magic" but oh my, it is!

Look!



I'm so happy with it! This is Dainty Bess from the Elizabeth I scarves patterns available at Knitpicks using Knitpicks Essential yarn in Grass. (yeah, I know, sock yarn for shawl? wtfux, but it was the only color I took fancy upon) I used a size 5 circular needle. The finished pieces measured 56 inches long and 7 1/4 inches wide. Unblocked it was about 46 inches.

Anyway, I'm happy! time to start working on all those other projects :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

Ooo that's pretty! It's blocked really well.

2:14 AM  
Blogger SoberHope said...

Ooooooh, very nice! And thank you, thank you for the 'pre-blocking' pics. I've recently started doing lace and while I've heard it'll look like crap until you block, it's nice to see that yes, it really does look awful until you block it. :)

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home