Saturday, November 05, 2005

Not a sock virgin anymore!

I finally got down and dirty and did it!

I mean, make a sock! (not that other thing, tsk tsk)

Knitted the cuff, leg, turned the heel, shaped the gusset, decreased it, knitted the foot, decreased the toes and bound off! Woohoo! One sock in one day!

Granted, I didnt get anything else done, but I dont care. It was nice sitting in my chair for 6 hours or so listening to Air1.com and knitting.

I have to admit, it looks like a sock from the 80s and is a tad too big. Its totally wearable though! I told my BF about it and he told me not to think so much about how it lacks but to just enjoy my little success.

Branching Out is progressing. I made a pact with myself to at least do one repeat every day. If each repeat is about 2 inches and the whole scarf is going to be about 60 inches, I can finish in 30 days! (which is well before Christmas so it gives me time to ship.)

Last night, was talking on the phone with the BF (who's in Seattle! so far away) and I mentioned an auction of Ebay of this gorgeous yarn (orange yellow pink worsted weight wool, yum!) It was cheap, at least to me but I had bought so much yarn recently I was thinking about passing up on it. He told me that he'd pay for it! So I woke up around 8:30 this morning to bid on it. And won!

Posted by Picasa

So now I have three ebay yarns coming my way. Tiger's eye, Sonoma, and now Candy (I call it that cuz that's what it reminds me of, so sweet!)

THEN, I go further into my yarn binge, but I promise, I HAD to do this!

Apart from the Branching Out for my mom, I plan to knit something for both my grandmas. What better choice than Elizabeth I! So yeah, I bought the pattern from Knitpicks.com and two hanks of Alpaca Cloud (in Autumn and Moss) I've never knit in something that luxurious. So far, I've only knit with wool and acrylic so I'm really looking forward to it.

*happy sigh!* so many things to do! I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home