Thursday, May 04, 2006

FO: Jaywalkers! and more!

I finally finished them! aren't they beautiful?
Some stats and a picture!
Yarn: KnitPicks dye your own sock yarn (100% merino wool)
Dyed with varying strengths of Grape Kool Aid. Striping method found here
Yardage: 440 yards with a few left over.
Comments: Due to the diagonal stitches inherent in this pattern this sock is really inelastic. Its difficult for me to get on and off but is SO comfortable once its on. I didn't like the slip2together-knit-pass2stichesover, but it worth it in the end and gets easier as the sock goes on. Definitely would make again.


And now, some Lava Flow Socks from Sockbug. First time I tried the short row heel. I'm not really diggin' it, but there's a first for everything!



UPS dropped off a beautiful package for me today! My very own ball winder! yay! Time to make yarn cakes like a mad woman! I have to say though, this skein of yarn... the color is... less than desirable. It was my first experience with wiltons and I screwed up majorly by mixing tons of wrong colors.



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa!! I SO like your purple stripey yarn! I've never seen anyone get such pretty colors from Kool-Aid dyeing. Nice! =D

4:11 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I love the colours in your Jaywalkers! You did a great job!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Beautiful Kool Aid dyeing job! Those are awesome Jaywalkers!

8:03 AM  
Blogger karrie said...

You should be so proud of that yarn - it looks great! Btw I love the title of your blog!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Ooooooooo they look fab, I can't believe you dyed your own yarn, it looks fantastic.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Wow, the Jaywalkers are gorgeous. I'm so impressed that you dyed them yourself. They look fantastic!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Your socks look fantastic! Thanks for posting the link for the striping tutorial. I am definitely going to try it.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Amazing self-dyed striped yarn! WOW! And your Jaywalkers look great. As do all of your other socks.

I love my winder too!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

your jaywalkers came out SO WELL!! the striping is beautiful!!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home